Sunday, November 14, 2010

Hello! I am back!

I have been absent for almost two months. My life has been more than overwhelming. Part of that has been my own doing. You see routines make your life simpler, not harder, but when you are under great stress and turmoil you sometimes forget which things need to be a priority. First of all, my routines did not go out the window but, they certainly had their bags packed and they sat by the front door ready to leave at a moments notice. The one routine that I didn't keep up with was menu planning. Now to say I totally gave up is also inaccurate.

I have a special needs child, on September 14th we found out that she had many more issues than we thought. So I had appointments at all hours of the day, my other children had things going on and life just set in and we as a family just tried to keep everything going.

So I tried to plan,but it didn't really work. This week my stress really came to a head. Because there are always other things that happen in life, not just your kids, my husband and I talked about how much stress I put on myself. While I am sure I wish I could do everything, and he said wouldn't it be great too but that it would make me not human ( :) ), that eventually I had to relax. Ok so what would help me relax?

Menu planning!!!! Now during this time my husband purchased me an iPad. He gave it to me for my birthday in September. I had been using plan to eat for a few months, but it was not working with my iPad. I used to haul my laptop around to menu plan but I didn't want to, should have been able to do it on here (I am blogging on it now) but it was not working. So I spent the month trying to replace my shopping list and my menu planning program. There are so many apps but none really did what I wanted it to, I wasted lots of money looking for that perfect ap. I will write another blog entry with some reviews of apps but here is my point, I went back to plan to eat, and even though I still have to go to my computer to get the meals under the right place it is still better for me than what I have found in the apps store.

Well after writing this post a week ago I couldnt' figure out how to move up the blog to make edits. Fixed with my keyboard!!! Love it.

So I am posting two weeks of menus (what was planned last week, didn't completely happen, but we stayed close. So here is last weeks menu in this post:

I am on the ipad so I will post the recipe links later if they do not work this time:)

Monday
Supper
Lasagna
texas toast
salad

Tuesday
Breakfast
Peanut Butter Baked Oatmeal(I got this off a blog, and copied it into my planning program but it didn't keep it on the import, so I have tried to find out where I got it, my son LOVED it!)

Lunch
Tuscan-Style Tuna Salad

Dinner
Lady and Sons' Chicken in Wine Sauce (Paula Deen)
Green Bean Casserole

Wednesday
Breakfast
Healthy Breakfast Sandwich

Lunch
Monte Cristo Sandwich

Supper
Champagne Chicken

Thursday
Breakfast
Schwans French Toast Sticks
Lunch
Crustless No Recipe Quiche
Supper
Makeover Garlic Chicken Spaghetti

Friday
Breakfast
Hot Or cold Cereals
Schwans Sausage Bagels
Lunch
Tuscan-Style Tuna Salad
Supper
“Mom, the House Smells Great” Roasted Chicken
Au Gratin Potatoes

Now truth be told we changed things around and we ordered out one night, we also made this receipe this weekend Pork Tenderloin with Peach and Pecan sauce.

This post is long enough so this weeks menu plan will be in the next post.....

No comments:

Post a Comment