No I do not mean literally, but I do have a doctor's appointment today. I have steadily gained weight over the past three years and even though, I have tried the past few week to start getting a handle on it, it has kept creeping up. So........ I will go in and my doctor will take my blood to see if my cholesterol is still high and then I will be weighed.
What am I doing to fight this?
1. Reading Body Clutter (with a book group on facebook). This is not a magic pill, it talks about why we do the things we do. Only problem is that food has never been my friend and I don't use it as such today. I am only on chapter 3 so we will see where we go with that. :)
2. Body Clutter investigator. Well I have tried to go on sparkpeople.com each day to monitor what I eat, but it is sooooooo time consuming. With four kids and a housefull of birds and other things to do, I frankly just do not have the time. So I am trying the body clutter investigator. It is a paper but it does not count calories, just what you eat.
3. I know I need to exercise, but there is always something, last week I took a tumble, so I am pretty banged up and frankly I do not feel up to doing it. This is my knee, before it turned completely blue....lol
4. I have been menu planning faithfully for over a month now. It does make it easier! I have found wonderful websites that provide healthy recipes for my family. I have discovered several blogs from others that I just LOVE!
So I feel I am moving in the right direction!
So today, my last day as a 40 year old, I am going out and I am going to take my medicine from the doctor and explain to her that I am commited to changing my situation, just one baby step at a time.



No comments:
Post a Comment