Today I am having a hard time getting started. My husband (who is the most wonderful husband in the world, if you think yours is, then you are wrong) started to get me moving by telling me if I wanted his help in making the bed I better get out of it. So I did. Now understand I did not want to, nor did I have any intention of doing so, but there it was....7am (we had slept in) and we had to get our day started. Since then I have been haphazzardly getting through my morning routine, hit or miss in some points. And then the ever present, yet little talked about issue emerged.....
I have gained over 30 pounds since June of 2007. That is about 10 pounds a year, way too much. Has there been severe stress in my life in those three years, absolutely. But here was my quandry. I am not an emotional eater, never had been, in fact I always stop eating when I am stressed. So why on earth would I be gaining?
Am I old? Well I turned 40 last year, could be a posibility. Has my body changed and not given me the memo? Also possible, although I was here the whole time and noticed the weight creeping up, I just decided it was not big deal. One day I couldn't put on any of my pants. Then it became a big deal......or did it?
I realized there was a problem. I made a half way attempt to get on my bike and ride a couple of days. Welll my airconditioner went out, school started again, our celing fell in and repairs had to be made, I have gained so much weight that I can't put on my sports bra to exercise, yep I had them, every excuse in the book. So....where does that leave me now????
I have not gotten on my bike today. I ate a absolutely delicious lunch yesterday that was horrible for me and I drank wine. So who am I kidding, I can sit here all day and complain about my situation, but facts are facts....if I do not do something then I will not lose weight, or for that matter, feel better, stop being so tired all the time. My problem is motivation, I have not found that one motivator that will help me decide to help ME. Funny how that happens.
So, here on my lonley blog I am going to:
A. go to sparkpeople.com and start listing my food. I have looked at other pay sites and this one has everything and it is absolutely free!
B. I am going to read a few pages of Body Clutter by Marla Ciley and Leeann Ely each day. I was going to download it to my kindle and "listen to it" but the text to speech is not enabled on this book. So I will most likely go back to my paperback instead of spending more money on it. I did see an audio version on their website, but we will see.....
C. I am going to get the Body Clutter Journal out. Now I am not sure this program will work for me, but until I try it I cannot say. Everything else that I have purchased from Marla or did based on her website works (once I decide to ACTUALLY do it the way I should by baby stepping).
D. Loving movement for 15 a day, and this is NOT including housework. Oh I vacuum so that counts, no it doesn't.
Ok ladies, I am going to put this on the Facebook wall for Flylady and if anyone is interested I would like to do this with others. I am going to hold my self accountable as best I can, but I know that I need support and others who have the same goal.
My September goal: Lose at least 5 pounds. That will be a great birthday present to me! Since I have planned my menus for three weeks in a row now (my 21 day habit requirement) I think I am ready to add this on to my plate.D

Heya!
ReplyDeleteI am a FLYbaby & Sparkpeople person too!!! You can add me as a sparkbuddy if you'd like, I'm virgolgal.
We can definately do this!!! I had a similar situation of gaining 10 lb a year for a few years as well and now am on my way back to healthy & loving my body.
Hi, I just came from Facebook ! I have the same problem : I put on weight without realising it, little by little, until one day I thought that I'd better pay attention or I might not go through the door anymore !
ReplyDeleteSo I paid attention during the holidays and lost 2 / 3 kilos (5/6 lbs) but I am now stuck and need motivation ! (I would like to lose 10 kilos - 22 lbs) I know that my problem is not enough exercice... I am getting the food under control slowly but surely.
So I'm with you !
I too am losing weight slowly, and would love to be a motivation buddy with you!If I log in/join sparkpeople, how do I find you?
ReplyDelete